Monday, December 12, 2011

Pinterest Inspired Wall Collage

Hello everyone, hope you had a great weekend. I wanted to share something with you that I worked on last week for our house. I have been on Pinterest a lot lately, and one thing I kept seeing that I loved were wall collages....so I decided to make my own.

First I went to Michael's to get everything I needed: different sizes of black frames, letters, black spray paint, and scrapbook paper. I also ordered the pictures I wanted to use online and picked them up from being developed at CVS. I got home with everything and didn't really know where to start, so I decided on an easy task..spray painting my letters black. I got a small "K" for Katelyn and a small "R" for Ryan. I also bough a big "M" for Marando, or so I thought. (Later when hanging the "M" on the wall, I noticed the holes were in a funny spot, and no way it was going to stay on the wall. That was because my "M" was an upside down "W" -- so I scrapped the "M/W" idea all together, but if anyone wants a black "W" let me know.)

Next I started to put all my pictures in frames. I went back and fourth on black and white versus colored prints but ultimately decided on the color, while having everything else in black and white. I chose pictures of places we have recently visited on vacation: Charleston, SC; Carmel, CA; Miami, FL; and Marblehead, OH. I think they turned out pretty neat. In the other frames I cut to size black and white patterned scrapbook paper.

Finally Ryan watched and gave advise as I laid the pattern out on the floor below the wall. Once I had it how I wanted it I began to measure and hammer nails into the dinning room wall. A great tip I learned on Pinterest: place a dab of toothpaste on your picture frame hook. Then hold the frame up to the wall exactly where you want it. The toothpaste will leave a small mark on your wall and this is where you place your nail...genius! This worked great!

I'm sure everything is not perfect, but it looks good to me, and Ryan loved it...


More Pinterest inspired projects to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment