Monday, September 26, 2011

Anniversary Dessert

For most couples' one year anniversary they celebrate by eating the top tier of their wedding cake that had been in the freezer all year. At our wedding reception the venue accidentally cut our top tier up and served it to the guests, so needless to say we could not participate in this tradition. I called the bakery that made our wedding cake to order a duplicate tier, however they informed me a 2 week notice was not enough time. I called another bakery near our house, but they were going to charge me around $50! So as my last resort I called Taylor, which should have been my first call! She asked if she could make cupcakes in the same flavors and colors as our wedding cake, and of course I loved the idea.
Here are some pictures of the amazing cupcakes she made for us. They were lemon (my favorite) and red velvet (Ryan's favorite) with cream cheese frosting. She even bought black and white paisley boxes and liners to put them in, which matched our black & white and a hint of purple wedding decor. Taylor also took our wedding pictures and printed little flags to stick into the cupcakes with toothpicks.





If you like what you see here and have a special occasion coming up (Wedding/Baby Shower, Halloween Party, Birthday, Anniversary, and more) email me at katelyn.marando@gmail.com and I will get you in touch with Taylor.

No comments:

Post a Comment