Thursday, January 12, 2012

Healthy Snacks

Recently I have been trying to get more creative with healthy snacks. The other night I came up with a winner, at least in Ryan's eyes. This was so easy, and actually pretty satisfying! All you do is slice up an apple, and spread a thin layer of peanut butter on each slice. Then sprinkle on a little bit of your favorite granola. (I like the Special K Low Fat Granola.) Then add a few chocolate chips and ENJOY : )


Since we are talking apples, here is another quick snack I make a lot. Again you just slice up an apple and top with a thin layer of peanut butter. Then thinly slice a banana and put those slices onto the apple. Lastly top off your apple with a light dusting of cinnamon.

My other current favorite snack, also known as my usual breakfast, has been oatmeal. Nothing new or creative about this though. I like to mix Quick Quaker Oats with water and half a spoonful of brown sugar. Once it comes out of the microwave I top with fresh berries. Such a quick and easy breakfast, or snack.
I hope everyone enjoys these healthy snacks. Please share if you have any favorites of your own. I am always looking to try new ideas. And for everyone who is trying to eat healthy as their New Year's resolution, I hope you can add these snack ideas to your diet, especially if you are starting to get in a rut.

No comments:

Post a Comment